Monday, October 17, 2005

Photo IDs Required for Just About Everything But Voting

Shopping at Menard's over the weekend, my husband presented a $4 instant rebate coupon he had received in the mail. The cashier asked him for a photo ID in order to process the rebate.

I was in Blockbuster last week and I forgot my Blockbuster card. The checkout guy asked me to show a photo ID to rent a movie.

I stopped at the Red Cross Blood Drive at my church on Sunday. They asked me for my photo ID in order to give blood.

The librarian asked me for my photo ID a few weeks ago when I went to check out a book and realized that I had forgotten my library card.

Do you see a pattern developing here?

What is wrong with a country where you have to show a photo ID to get a $4 rebate, rent a movie, donate blood and check out a book, but not to vote?


No comments: