Thursday, February 05, 2009

Call Your Senators NOW!!! (and then call 'em again)

I called my Senators' Washington offices (Kohl & Feingold) on Friday to weigh in on the Obama-Reid-Pelosi Drunken Sailor Spending Spree (oops-I mean, of course the 'stimlus package').

I got a busy signal the first time and had to keep re-dialing.

When I asked Feingold's office how the calls were running, the young man on the end of the line hesitated and then told me that they were overwhelmingly against the current bill.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE call them (or your own senators) NOW and make your voice be heard.

I also emailed Senator Mitch McConnell and told him that he was the only thing standing between us & disaster.

The madness HAS TO STOP!

You can reach our senators at the following numbers. I put them on my speed dial (heh). Call early & call often!!!

Senator Herb Kohl: 202-224-5653
Senator Russ Feingold: 202-224-5323

Or call the general number for your own personal Senator: 202-224-3121

1 comment:

nancy said...

i just called and had two different responses. of course both told me they were getting votes equally for both sides. however senator feingold's office took my name, address, etc and promised he would forward my opinion on the the senator. senator kohl's office never asked nor offered that he would forward my concern. kinda makes me wonder if he'll ever get the message.